Thursday, June 14, 2012

Protein Shakes

Shake Recipe

For any of you who have always wondered about protein shakes...I have found the light.

There is a shake place in our little town that I love.  I love the hundreds of shake flavors offered, love the people who work there, love the aerobics classes offered there in the wee morning hours.  And for a short while I got My Man to start going and getting a shake for his breakfast (instead of a Snickers and Coke from the gas station).  It was great but not great for the wallet.  I was determined to start making my own.

I have a friend who owns a health food store in a nearby town and talked to her about a good protein powder.  She suggested a whey powder with 25 grams of protein per scoop.  It's perfect for me and for My Man.  Great for My Man because he's the size of Hulk.  Great for me because I have hypoglycemia and have to have loads of protein in the mornings or I am comatose and pass out.

I started out just blending the protein powder with skim milk and maybe a banana or some frozen strawberries.  Soon, I was finding all kinds of concoctions online.  The recipe link I posted is one I use quite a bit.  I use a different protein powder than the "V" brand.  I'm planning to get a huge bag of whey protein at Costco next week as I recently heard there is a good quality kind there.

Give it a try!

1 comment:

  1. customizes the nutrition to everything about you your real age, pounds, elevation, and metabolic rate. feezy

    ReplyDelete