Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kohler Enchiladas

Kohler Enchiladas is one of the recipes I was introduced to when I married into the family.
My Man's mom has been making it forever and so I was encouraged to carry on the tradition.
It's extremely easy and basic.
It's by no means authentic mexican but I do encourage you to try it for it is good!

/Start out browning some hamburger.
(I like to use my electric skillet)


Next add these little gems.


Now here's where I sometimes change things up..
After you add the chilis and sauce, you can either add the evaporated milk OR you can add two cans of cream of chicken soup.
Either works but just know that the sauce with the soups will be much thicker.
Actually, as I type this the idea of mixing the two just came to me.
Throw the olives in there too.


Next add...gasp...this entire container of sour cream.


Here is the sauce...getting all good and bubbly.
I let it gel for about 10-15 minutes while I get the kitchen cleaned up.


Next, add the tortillas.
I usually use flour tortillas but I've used corn tortillas as well.
Both are good but the corn tortillas, though they make the dish taste more authentic, don't hold up as well in the sauce.



Roll each tortilla like so.


And place it into the sauce, seam side down.
Scoop a little sauce over each tortilla as you lay it in there so it stays put.



Like this!



Next sprinkled cheddar all over.
Please grate the cheddar yourself.
I learned from PW that you should NEVER use the pre-shredded stuff.


Pop a lid on so the flavors can "develop" and the cheese can melt.



I like to use my electric skillet for this reason.
The "warm" setting.
Now I can run up to football practice with the rest of the kids and let them run wild.


 
When you get home, the enchiladas are warm, cheesy and melty.
Top them with these toppings and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment