Monday, January 2, 2012

NYE food

Well, this is posting later than planned.  I'd originally planned to post about what I was making for New Year's Eve and then got side-tracked with all the prepping and getting the house picked up and totally forgot to take pics and everything.

Hahaha, all I really even made was P-dub jalapeño poppers.

The rest of it was easy stuff (mac and cheese, veggies and dip, Papa Murphy's pizzas).

Oh yes, and I also made a cocktail called Goombay Smash.  It had  1 bottle of rum,  1 bottle of coconut rum,   1 large can of pineapple juice and 30 oz. sweet and sour mix in it.  Very very tasty!

But during the course of the night I was introduced to a new drink called Rum Chata.  It tastes like the milk left over from Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.  I could honestly drink it morning, noon and night.  Thankfully, I'm not a mom who drinks very often.

We hosted 11 adults and 16 kids.  Everyone was gone by 10:15, house picked up and kids in bed by 11:00.  Great New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment