Thursday, July 25, 2013

Steak Fajitas

I made fajitas last night.  I've made them quite a few times before but no one would ever eat them besides My Man and I.  However, a couple months ago we took the kids to a mexican restaurant for dinner and told them they needed to order something that was not chicken strips and fries.  One ordered a taco, one ordered fajitas and two ordered cheese quesadillas.  (Little Miss still got to order chicken strips).

Everyone liked what they got and I gushed and made a big deal about the fact that they were growing up and broadening their pallet and all of that.

So when I told the kids I was making fajitas, I got a "yay!"  Everyone tried them and enjoyed them, though three of the boys picked out the onions and peppers.  Since we are transitioning to a gluten free household, I served corn tortillas.  Everyone seemed to like those.  #4 decided to try the onions and ended up loving those.  #1 will put all the stuff on his fajita but the rest just want the steak.

It was a nice accomplishment in the Kohler house last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment