Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Texas-Style Blueberry Cobbler

Hello neglected blog.  I'm still here.  I just don't think to grab my camera in the midst of my cooking lately.  I set it on the counter last night though and made a mental promise to myself to take more pics of food.

Let me leave you with what we had for dessert last night!


Here's the recipe for Texas-Style Blueberry Cobbler.

I tried to post the link but to get it online, you have to subscribe for a free 14-day trial of the magazine.

4 T. unsalted butter cut into 4 pieces, and 8 T. melted and cooled.
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
3 cups blueberries (fresh)
1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups milk

1.  Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Put the 4 cut pieces of butter into a 9x13 and melt in oven about 10 minutes.  2.  While that is going on, pulse 1/4 cup sugar and the lemon zest in food processor about 5-6 pulses or until combined; set aside.  Using a potato masher, mash blueberries and 1 T. of the lemon sugar in a separate bowl, until coursely mashed.
3.  Combine flour, remaining sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.  Whisk in milk and the melted and cooled 8 tablespoons of butter.  Remove baking dish from oven and pour batter into dish.
4.  Dollop mashed blueberries all over batter evenly.  Sprinkle with remaining lemon sugar and bake until golden brown and edges are crisp, 45-50 minutes.  Let cobbler cool for 30 minutes before serving.

This is delish (better than P-dub's recipe, we think).




No comments:

Post a Comment