Monday, December 6, 2010

Paula Deen Shrimp Bisque

A few nights ago My Man and I were invited to go out to eat at a nice restaurant.
My Man ordered Lobster Bisque.
I slirped it down for him.
I'd ordered a Caesar, you see, and it was so awesome I'd already eaten it so when his bisque arrived, I'd only planned to have a bite. 
But then I found myself in a spoon wrestling match with my man to see who could get the most bites.
I won.
It was amazing.
I mean totally and fully amazing.

So, the other day I found this easy recipe from Paula Deen for shrimp bisque.
Now I fully realize that the ingredients in this bisque do not at all in any shape or form match up to the ingredients in the lobster bisque...but I still thought I'd give it a try.

For Paula's sake, I'll tell you that it is good.
And easy.
My two pre-requisites.
But it wasn't even close to the heavenly-ness of what we'd had in the restaurant.

Start out with these.


And this.


And don't forget this - yes, it's a must.


And this lovely shrimp.
On this day I bought shrimp that was already cooked and frozen.
I won't do that again.
Buying, peeling, and cooking my own shrimp is sooooo much better!
You  can control the seasoning and doneness.
Please believe me.


And brown rice.


Throw it all in the pot and let it simmer - no boiling less it scorch.


I served it over the rice, per Paula's advice.
It was yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment