Monday, November 7, 2011

Spider Cupcakes

I saw a cute example in a Halloween magazine where you took black icing in a tube and put circles on top of the white frosting and then took a toothpick to make web designs on top of the cupcakes.
I don't really like the taste of the black icing in a tube so I decided to make my own.
I used canned white frosting and royal black to make the webs.
It was more labor-intensive...and the kids probably wouldn't have minded the black icing in a tube.
But they were still fun!



The boys especially enjoyed the skulls and poison references for these cupcakes.

On a side note, when the boys were little and just starting to associate Halloween with scary stuff instead of cute little costumes (Buzz and Woody, for example), the only thing I let them do that was scary were skeletons.  My reasoning was that skeletons really aren't scary when you think about it, they are simply parts of our bodies.  Since then, the idea of skeletons (and skulls) has become a staple in our home.  If the boys see clothing with a skull, they are desperate for it.  Skulls = cool.
So my girl this year, got a sparkly skull shirt to wear during the day on Halloween.
I'll post more on it later!

No comments:

Post a Comment