Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

I'm sorry to tell you that I forgot to take my camera to my in-law's house and therefore have no pictures to share with you.

But here's what we did (and I'm posting on Kohler Eats because the post will inclue food of one kind or another):

We woke up and went to iHop for breakfast.  We dropped little miss off at Gramma's so we could also enjoy a movie while we were out.  Thanks Gramma and Big Daddy!

I was afraid iHop would be crowded and while it was full, we didn't wait for a table and service was not bad at all.  Here's what we ordered:  Me (pumpkin pancakes with eggs and a side of ham), My Man (some kind of huge thing with eggs, sausage, hashbrowns and pancakes), #1 (Kid's meal with pancake, bacon, sausage, egg and he ate every bit of it and started begging for more), #2 (pancake with yogurt and strawberries), #3 (chocolate chip pancake), #4 (chocolate chip pancake).  Everyone ended up eating my ham.  There were no leftovers.  If we wouldn't have ordered drinks (water only), the bill would have only been about $30.  The soda and juice were $2 a glass.

After breakfast we went to see Puss in Boots.  Very cute movie.  A lot like Shrek in that there were a few parts that adults laughed at and the kids didn't get.  But the rest was funny and cute.  The Kitty Galore was a bit on the sexy side for an animated film but it was lost on my boys (thankfully). 

After the movie, we headed on over to Gramma and Big Daddys'.  They were in a whirl of getting things ready so we enouraged the boys to play downstairs until dinner.  They were starved and told us about it repeatedly.  When dinner was ready, they were ravenous.

Here's the menu:  turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, homemade rolls, green beans, mixed veggie casserole, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, craberries and strawberry pretzel salad.  Dessert was: pumpkin coffee cake, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin pie, pecan pie and chocolate chip pie.  We ate and ate and ate and ate.  Oh and we also had wassail with spiced rum. 

Then we cleaned up the kitchen and relaxed for a bit.  Because we ate later in the day, my boys tuckered out quicker and we ended up heading home before watching our traditional Christmas Vacation.  I was bummed about that.  But after getting kids ready for bed, I headed off too so I could catch some zzzzz's before shopping with my sis on Black Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment