Monday, March 12, 2012

Breakfast

Breakfast at our house is always so mundane.
But it's fun.
Growing up we didn't get to have fun breakfasts because my mom was a health-nut.
If we got donuts it was only on a Sunday and very rarely.

So, as I got older, I vowed to have fun stuff in my pantry for the kids.  It helped that My Man had grown up with fun breakfast stuff so he supports my efforts.

There is always these items for a choice:

Fruity Pebbles.  Seriously, where would the world be without this cereal?
Fuel.  With a sports person on the front, it isn't hard to get my kids to eat it and it's pretty healthy.
Cocoa Puffs.
Cheerios

There is also always whole wheat bread for toast or peanut butter sandwiches.
There is always fruit like grapes or bananas.
There is always orange juice.
There is always some kind of frozen waffle or frozen pancake.
There are always cans of biscuits or cinnamon rolls.
There is always a box of muffin mix.
There is always oatmeal.
There is always yogurt.
Last but not least, there is always a package of bacon.

We go through at least one package of bacon a week.

Now, those are the choices.  My kids don't always choose these things though.  Occasionally, they find some cold pizza in the fridge and they choose that.  The other day one of the boys found some leftover lemon chicken and they ate that.  A few days ago they all wanted shaved ham.


There are moms who make sausage and eggs every morning.  There are moms who make breakfast casseroles.  I can't wait for the day my kids start wanting to eat that stuff.  But right now, my gourmet abilities are put on hold while I dish out a bowl of fruity pebbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment