Saturday, March 10, 2012

Crock Pot Ribs

I just kind of made this one up but it was awesome!

We got a side of pork this winter so I've been able to alternate between our beef recipes which is nice.

One of the things in our freezer was a side of pork ribs.  Were they baby back?  Know idea but now I'm singing the Applebees baby back ribs commercial in my head.

Anyway, the first thing you do is put a rub on the ribs.  I used:  paprika, cardamom, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.

Then you put them in the crock pot (using a crock pot liner because they are genius) and cover them with BBQ sauce.  I just used some we had in the fridge.

Set it on low and cook for 10 hours or so.  I put mine in around 8am and we ate dinner around 6pm.

The ribs were excellent.  Tender, falling off the bone.

I had no idea this was possible as the only other ribs we've ever eaten were at a smokehouse restaurant of some sort or smoked by friends.

Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment