Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cheddar Corn Chowder

The recipe I'm blogging about today comes from Ina Garten (aka Barefoot Contessa).
I have a few of her cookbooks and while several of her recipes are a bit "adults-only" in their ingredient lists, I've found them all to be really yummy!

I've been making this chowder recipe for a few years now man is it good!

Start out by browning some bacon.


Peeling some potatoes.


Cooking some onion in the bacon grease.


Add some of this.


Some of that.


Throw in the potatoes and bring to a simmer.
Notice the burny onion?
I have to do that so My Man doesn't recognize what he's eating.
In a normal world, the onion would have only been cooked about 5 minutes.


Throw in some corn.


And half-n-half.


And cheddar cheese!



And heeeere it is!
I added some cooked chicken, though the recipe does NOT call for it.
My Man needs protein at all meals.


It's really really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment