Thursday, January 6, 2011

Classic Apple Dumplins

 Trying a little something different with the centering of my pics to see if I like it. 

So, here's how you make Classic Apple Dumplins.
I got this recipe from my Taste of Home cookbook (thanks to my sis for the Christmas gift)!

Start out with some flour.








 Next add some salt.




Then throw in some Crisco sticks and cut it all together with a pastry cutter.  Add some ice  cold water to help it all come together.





 Peel and core some apples.





 After rolling out a section of the dough (I made three sections of dough since I was using three apples).  I'm a math whiz.  Place an apple on the center of the dough, top with a tablespoon of butter, a sprinkle of sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  Okay, I might have used a tish more than a sprinkle.






 You are supposed to pull the dough up nicely around the apple and form cute little folds.  I tried.  But ended up just getting the dough around the apple in a haphazard fashion and then cupping my hands around it to squish it all together.  So please, don't look to closely.

Make a heavenly caramel sauce with caramel ice cream topping, water and brown sugar.  Pour over the top of the dumplins (place them in a baking dish).






Bake for about an hour.  Serve with vanilla ice cream and top with left over caramel sauce from the bottom of the dish. 

HEAVEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment