Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Stuffed Peppers

When My Man and I first got married, I did a lot of "not cooking."
Several reasons for this but none of them include "because I diidn't know how to cook."
I knew how to cook and follow a recipe.
I just didn't have a lot of practice.
Or the time.
I was working full time, going back to school to get my Master's Degree and was a professional cheerleader.
No joke on that last one.
That's what they call cheerleaders for the NFL.
Professional.
It's quite a status.

Annnnyway, I didn't have a lot of practice or time.
And another thing, I grew up not eating weird stuff.
Loooots of things in the list of foods that never touch my lips.
One of them was called Stuffed Peppers.

A few years ago, in an act of desperation to please My Man because I was NEVER home, I made him some stuffed peppers upon request.
And I realized that each ingredient in them were things I actually liked.
And guess what?  I liked eatiing them!
Whoa...I'm a big girl now.

So, I've tweaked the recipe over the years and added stuff and deleted stuff.
These are what we like right now.
PS - My children ate chicken tenders and macacroni.  

Start out with these. 
Does anyone watch Worst Cook in America on Food Network?
That Ann lady is so focused on knife cuts.
What a joke.
I'd get kicked off the first day.
Who in the heck cares of my carrots are all the same size?
It's called "rustic."

Why do I show you all raw meat?
Sorry again.
Use one pound.


Clean out your peppers and put them in a baking dish.


Add this.


And some green olives.
They add a neat-o taste.


And this.


And some fresh parsley.


The recipe called for smoked paprika.
I didn't have any.


Add plenty of shredded mozzerella.



Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment