Friday, October 22, 2010

A Change

I love a little change in the meal planning during the week.
Not a change once I've already started preparing the meal, mind you, but a change that I know about ahead of time is always fun. 
This week I'd planned to make a roast for last night.
But I was reminded a few days ahead of time that my mother-in-law was taking my boys to the local circus in town and then out for pizza.
So, I scratched the roast plan and decided to just eat leftovers with My Man.
I forgot that the older two boys had football practice.
So, during the circus, my sister-in-law had to grab the older two and whisk them out so she could get the boys to practice.
They didn't really appreciate not getting to see the whole show.
But football is football and playoffs are coming up and there would be no missing practice.
Once the circus was over, my mother-in-law took the younger two boys to get pizza.
Thankfully, the circus lasted longer than expected and the big boys were just finishing up practice.
So....we all met there to eat dinner!
It wasn't really planned and we had to wait a little while for the pizzas to be ready (Gramma had only ordered two since she thought it would only be her grandboys joining her), but all was good!
She even gave them quarters to get lovely trinkets out of the machines.
Once full, we headed home for showers and bedtime.
I kind of like changes in the meal planning.
Especially if they include ME not cooking - though I love it - who doesn't like a break every once in a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment