Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mummy Munch

My oldest boy likes to help in the kitchen, occasionally.
I found this really fun recipe called Mummy Munch online and he was reading it over my shoulder.
He asked if he could make it together and I agreed.

So, as we got started, I realized that I'd like to record this memory in photos and told him to smile.
He said, "Here, let me get cute first."
(Eat your heart out girls)

So, in the blue bowl above, this is what you've got.



Now, somehow my pics got out of order but you melt some white chocolate bark and mix it up in the cereal mixture.  Once everything is coated, pour it onto a cookie sheet lined with something like parchment, wax paper or my personal fave, a Silpat.



With a wooden spoon (I dk why it has to be wooden) spread the mixture out evenly.



You might have noticed above that the first mixture had peanuts in it.
And you might already know that #3 is ALLERGIC.
So, we made a special Mummy Munch just for him!



Here's his all spread out in the pan.



Okay, here's that pic that was out of order.  This is the white chocolate in the first mixture as my strong little guy tries to mix it up.



And here's that first mixture all spread out in the pan.




Once the munch has had time to harden, you break it up into chunks and disperse into little cupcake liners.
So incredibly cute!


#3's all had the Happy Halloween stick so he knew which were HIS!



This was so easy and fun!
I think all of the boys would have enjoyed making this with Mom but one-on-one time is a rarity with my kids so it was perfectly fun with only one child helping.

If you want to see it made on another blog, I found this on Picky Palet.

No comments:

Post a Comment