Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkin Trifle

When it's Fall, not only do I make 50 different kinds of soups and stews, I also try to find 50 ways to use pumpkin.

One of the faves around here is my pumpkin trifle.
It's a recipe I got  from a fellow mom who brought it to a playdate back when I only had two kids.
And did things like HOST playdates, paint, use Play-doh and make crafts.
Ha.
That doesn't happen now.

But this trifle is really awesome and when I make it, I remember fondly all of those educational things I did with my older two. 
They'll probably be the smartest.
But I breastfed the other three longer so maybe it will all equal out?

Annnnywhoooo...

Start out by preparing a box of instant vanilla pudding (big box).
Mix in a big can of pumpkin pie mix (filling).
1/3 cup brown sugar.
Cinnamon to taste.


Prepare a spice cake.



They layer the pudding mix, spice cake, Cool-Whip.
Repeat.
Repeat.



H.E.A.V.E.N.

No comments:

Post a Comment