Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cake

I got this recipe off of Annie's Eats.  She's a doctor with a lot of time on her hands and has one child.  So, most of her recipes are pretty fancy and she throws fun, over-the-top parties for her friends.  Did I say she has a lot of time on her hands?  I thought doctors work all the time.  But she doesn't so I don't know.  However, I've tried quite a few of her recipes and haven't been dissapointed.  They aren't super easy recipes though.

This is a pumpkin spice cake with maple cream.
It had a bajillion steps.
I thought it tasted "professional" and rich.
The boys thought it was okay.
They didn't love it and there were way too many steps to make it again if the reaction I got wasn't filled with "ooohs and aahhhs." 

The cake tasted like exactly what it's called, pumpkin and spice.
It's a two-layer cake with a layer of maple cream in the center.


Ohhhh, how good it was!
The maple cream is mostly butter and the frosting is mostly butter, brown sugar, vanilla and powdered sugar.
It was sooooo good!



So, go check out her blog!
She has fun ideas and her cupcakes are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment