Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lasagna

Something my family loves is my lasagna.
It's so simple and easy.
I make it about once every two weeks.
I don't do anything fancy, mind you.
My kids don't like "busy" foods.

Here's the cast.

*Note* - on this particular day, I had Garozzo's sugo sauce in the pantry.  I love their sauce!  But I usually just saute some garlic in olive oil and pour in two cans of crushed tomatoes to make my own sauce.


Brown up some hamburger and mix it with the sauce
Layer it in the bottom of a 9x13.
Top with a mixture of cottage cheese, mozzerella and parmesan (plus some italian seasoning, salt and pepper).
(I don't use eggs in my cheese mixture, though some do)



Depending on how crazy you want to get, you can repeat the layering 2-3 times.
Sprinkle extra parmesan on top.
Bake 350 for 30-45 minutes, covered with foil until the last 10 minutes of cooking time.



My boys like it served with garlic breadsticks and broccoli.
Ok, I lie.
They don't like the broccoli.
But the breadsticks are a hit!



No comments:

Post a Comment