Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Different Kind of Guac.

Last year, around Christmas, our church had a ladies night.
I went for many reasons but a big one was for the food.
You may not know this but we Baptist woman can, ahem (don't wanna toot my own horn here but), we can COOK!
I knew there would be good food and I couldn't pass it up!

Aside from the food, it's very important to surround yourself with fellow women of faith.
To grow, to hold each other accountable to what God has called us to do, to encourage, to serve.

One of the dishes I saw as I went through the line was a guacomole dip that looked different than any I'd ever seen before.
I did what any normal woman would do.
I screamed out my joy over the dip and begged to know who had made it and then cornered her until she gave me the recipe.

So, here it is.
What?  I'm not a bully.

You start out with 1-2 zucchini.
Dice and roast at 375 for 20 minutes.



The secret ingredient!
A pomegranite (sp?)



Oops, I didn't take all the pics I'd planned but here's the finished product.
Two avacados, mushed.
One clove garlic.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Add in the pomegranite and cooled zucchini.
I'm serious.
It's awesome!


We eat it with Fritos big scoop chips.
The one catch is that pomegranites are a seasonal fruit.
So, we went all Spring and Summer without it.
But last week I found them out at a local grocery store.
YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment