Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Apple Pie

My daddy surprised me with another huge bag of apples from the apple orchard I blogged about long ago.

Apple Pie time!



This time, I only used cinnamon and sugar.
My mom had said to use butter too, but I forgot.



A little lemon juice too!



Please excuse my pie crust.
I'm no chef I tell ya!



Brush a little milk on top.



Top that with a little sugar.



It was soooo good!
I didn't even remember that I'd forgotten the butter until I was editing the pics.



My family doesn't like "busy" apple pie.
Just apples, sugar, cinnamon and a little lemon juice.
Apparently, we don't need butter either.  Though, it would have probably made it even better.
This pie was simply apple pie.
You could taste each flavor and the boys couldn't get enough.
So the next time I pass by an apple pie recipe that calls for 6 different kinds of apples and a ton of different spices, I'm going to skip on over it and go back to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment