Friday, September 10, 2010

Beef Stroganoff

Beef Stroganoff

This recipe has been in my head for about 10 years now.
It's one of those that I have memorized.
It's so easy, so good and my family loves it!

Start out by chopping up a package of mushrooms and half an onion.
Saute in a 1/2 stick of butter.


Here's how I make green beans.
It's the only way to eat them.
What?
You don't know what that white stuff is?
That's bacon grease my dear friends.
I keep a little pot of bacon grease in my fridge.
Don't you?
My family plows through at least one pound of bacon a week. 
Usually two.


Brown a package of stew meat in the other half stick of that butter.
Butter = good.



After the meat is browned, add the mushrooms and onions.  After a couple of minutes, add two cans of cream of mushroom soup.
Stir until bubbly.


I had a little helper!
She's already quite gifted in the kitchen!


Now add some wine to the sauce.
I don't really drink red wine.
But I try to get a wine that is good and costs about $15.



You could stop here and just simmer the sauce for a bit but if you really want to make it good, do this:



Yes, add the whole thing.
Mmmmm....


Now this is heavenly!

I serve it over penne.
With some kind of bread.
And those greased-up grean beans!







No comments:

Post a Comment