Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wednesday's Dinner

Oftentimes, I make a weekly menu and then change it a bit as we go throughout the week.
That's okay, right?
Sometimes, I plan to make certain dishes and then realize I forgot to get a certain ingredient to make it. 
Then, I'm improvise.
I'm really good at that!



I began preparations for the Panzanella.
You've never had it?
It's so easy to make and absolutely delish!
Start off by cubing up a bunch of bread.


Cut up a lot of veggies!
Tomatoes, cucumbers, yellow and red bell peppers, red onion.
I also added feta, kalamata olives and garlic.


Toast the bread in some olive oil.
Salt it a little.
Then toss the two together in some red wine vinegar and oregano.
It is soo good! 



Spicy fry sauce is mayo, ketchup and cayenne pepper.
Whoa, it was spicy!
I decided not to put it on my sliders.
Only My Man's cause he's kinda spicy too.


The slider recipe called for finely chopped mushrooms and onions.



While preparing dinner, I had to entertain my girl so she would leave me alone.
No, that's not a sharp pencil she is playing with.
No, that's not the dishwasher door she's climbing on.
Geesh!  You think I'm that bad of a mom?
And no, that's not a dirty fork she's playing with either!


Saute' the mushrooms and onions in some butter.


Okay, remember I said I change things up a bit?
Well, I realized too late that I didn't have buttermilk for making the onion strings.
And the buttermilk is a must.
So, I subbed out some frozen fries.


Here's My Man's plate.
He opted not to eat the fries.
The PW Sliders were muy bien.
I topped the burgers with the mushroom/onion mixture and a slice of cheese.
The Panzanella was outstanding!


1 comment: