Friday, September 24, 2010

Pizza Calzone

Okay, so I got this recipe from a friend http://www.christybphotography.com and didn't really LOOK at the recipe, just glanced at it and then wrote it on the menu for this week.
It's a Roades bread loaf that you let thaw and then fill with pizza type things.
Well, I kind of forgot to get the pizza-type fillings.
So, this calzone (if you even want to call it that) is filled with ground beef, tomato sauce, garlic and italian seasonings.  And topped with a load of shredded mozzerella cheese.  Now I probably could have put lots more yummy stuff in here but a) I didn't have anything else, and b) this is the way my kids will eat it.
So, here it is as I put it into the oven.

And here it is right as I took it out.
I probably should have poked some holes in the top, or maybe not.  It rose a lot more and almost went over the sides of the pizza pan but stopped just short.
An egg wash on top would have made it look more appealing too.

But after I took it out and let it cool down a bit, I sliced it into wedges and the boys LOVED it!
So easy!
And I used whole wheat Roades bread dough, by the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment