Saturday, September 11, 2010

Peach Pie


There is a small town not far from my hometown that has a wonderful peach orchard. 
My wonderful parents were on their way to meet me to exchange a certain 20-pound princess and on their way they stopped by the peach orchard and got me some BEAUTIFUL peaches!
We had a lot to eat so I gave some thought to making my first ever peach pie.
One afternoon while the kids were out of my hair, I went for it!
I used the recipe that was in my red and white checked cookbook (possibly Better Homes and Gardens?)

Anyway, here's the cast!
And normally I would have used real almond flavoring but I've got a nut allergy in my home!


Slice up the peaches and cover them with all the stuff pictured above.


Roll out your bottom crust and pour in the peaches.


Be sure to let the peaches sit for a bit so they get good and gooey!



Top with your top crust and cut some holes to allow for the steam to escape while baking.


Oops - I should have left the foil bits on the edges a bit longer!
Still tasted heavenly though!
And I'd planned to take a picture of a piece on a plate so you could see how thick the peaches were packed in there. 
But surprisingly, I didn't have any left to photograph once my family dug into it!
And yes, those are finger holes done by my favorite 2-year-old!
My Man said it was the best peach pie he'd ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment