Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lemon Chicken

This is my children's absolute favorite meal.
It's yet another one that I inherited from my mother-in-law.
Except for the side dish, that is.
I got that one all by myself thank you very much.


Ta-da!

And you'll never guess the lengths I go to to prepare it!

Ready??


Ta-da!



Okay, here's the line-up for the LEMON CHICKEN recipe.
Note the brown rice.


You could use white rice, but why would you?
Brown rice is so much healthier and so much better!
My best friend, the rice cooker.
It's awesome and makes rice cooking a cinch!
Not that cooking rice is hard or anything but with this lovely gadget you simply pour in the rice and water and push start.  It cooks the rice perfectly and keeps it warm until you're ready to use it!


Here's the Lemon Chicken right out of the oven.
There's lemon juice infused with butter and wonderful seasonings.
It is sooo flavorful!
Please note the amount of chicken here.
I have five children to cook for but you must remember that they are young children.
We should have leftovers, wouldn't you think?
Nope, not a crumb left!
Not even any rice and I cooked 8 servings.

And here's My Man's plate.



Now, onto dessert!
Remember a few posts ago I told you that my children love box mix brownies?
If I ask them what they want for dessert, 99% of the time, that's what they ask for.
So, on this night, I was sneaky and changed up the brand.
This brand is a bit more expensive but hello?  it's Ghirardelli.
Yum, right?



Here's the usual brand.


So, I prepared the Ghirardelli brownies and waited to see if I got any feedback.
(note, I tasted them beforehand and about swooned)
"Mom, these brownies taste kind of weird."
No one asked for seconds.
I guess I'll stick with the old Duncan Hines stand-by.



2 comments:

  1. So did you just put the chicken breasts in with 2 sticks of butter or melt the butter first? What temp did you cook and how long? Also wondered if your breasts were thawed (chicken ones that is!) Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I obviously don't read my comments! Sorry! I melt the butter first, 350 for one hour. And I've done it both ways with frozen and thawed. I honestly like it best with frozen. They seem to be juicier. I might have put this recipe in the MOPS cookbook - can't remember!

    ReplyDelete